NRSW in SA
In 2017, 22 people died and 152 were seriously injured on South Australian roads.
National Road Safety Week (30 April - 6 May) aims to raise awareness of the number of people that are killed or injured in road crashes, and provide an opportunity for people and organisations to actively commit to safeguarding the lives and health of all road users, including pedestrians.
This year the Adelaide Oval will shine yellow during the week to shine a light on road safety.
The Campaign’s key message of Drive So Others Survive (Drive SOS!) invites road users to:
- share the road responsibly
- protect vulnerable road users (particularly those who work on roads to assist and protect us)
- honour those who have been killed or injured on the road network.
You can take the pledge to be part of the 2018 Drive SOS! Campaign by doing any of the following activities:
- Follow the road rules and removing distractions when behind the wheel
- Display a yellow ribbon sticker on your vehicle
- Wear a yellow ribbon
- Take the pledge on this website to Drive SOS!
Talk to your family, friends and colleagues about your intention to drive more safely and why
- Share your support on social media using #drivesos and #nrsw
Make a difference to some else's life this May. Drive SOS!